Saturday 27 March 2010

Citizenship Application

Today I was reminded by my phone that the day has come to submit my citizenship application. I went through the process online and it was pretty simple and straightforward. The fee was charged online to the credit card. What remains is to gather all the hard copies of the documents required, sign the character reference form and photographs, and wait for the notification in the mail.

The next step, I guess, is the citizenship appointment where the documents will be reviewed and the citizenship test performed. After that the appointment with the local council will be made (automatically) for the citizenship ceremony. My new council is the Hobsons Bay City Council and they have citizenship ceremonies every two months. One was just the other day, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment