Friday 8 January 2010

Avatar

The experience of watching a 3D movie in Imax theater was simply amazing! The Imax screen is 7 stories high and the seats are positioned so that the screen covers your whole viewing area. All you see is just the screen in front of you. It covers your peripheral vision so the viewing experience is complete.

This was my first 3D movie and the initial effect was stunning. I felt as if I could touch the actors in the first few scenes. Everything seemed so real.

I won’t go into details about the story but computer “effects” (if we can still call them that) are getting so realistic it is hard to distinguish what was animated and what was real. The nature, live beings and their movement, look so real. The colors in the imaginary world where Avatars live are so beautiful and so well animated that it gets very easy to imagine something like that is possible. Some parts of the movie felt like a dream, in fact.

The whole watching experience was so good that I noticed only in the end that the movie went on for more than two and a half hours. It ended past midnight and now it’s time to catch some sleep as I have to work Saturday. Fortunately, for the last time at my current job.

No comments:

Post a Comment