Wednesday 23 December 2009

39 Again

The temperature hit 39 degrees Celsius again today. I noticed I’m quite attracted to go jogging at those high temperature days. Simply want to see how the body acts when exposed to physical activities in such circumstances. Well, I had a bit of a headache and using the oxygen was a bit more difficult than usual. Breathing could probably simply be caused by metabolism as opposed to heat but I’m sure the headache wasn’t. It wasn’t so much physically hard to run as much it was psychologically. I just had no motivation to run and I simply walked part of the way. Also felt a bit sleepy. However, I enjoyed the run. And, once again, noticed that 39 in Melbourne is not as bad as it sounds. When there’s some breeze or shade, it feels quite nice. I even like the waves of hot air at times. Body does not sweat as much as there’s almost no humidity. When I think of Indonesia, it is a very significant contrast. There, even at 25 degrees, the body sweats almost immediately as soon as you leave air-conditioned space. Humidity is mostly above 70%, sometimes close to 100%, and you can really feel it. The air, actually moisture particles in the air, are burningly hot. Whereas here, any air flow will cool you down, even if you jog or walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment